Interested in working at The Social Affair?
We are a Boutique Caterer and Event Design Company, established in 2009. With the expansion of the company into the newly renovated 1940’s Standard Oil Gas Station in the Shaw Neighborhood came “The Station”, home to our office and kitchen. We specialize in a modern American cuisine with a sophisticated southern twist.
You can find our open positions below—we are always looking for great servers and bartenders too! To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Catering Chef / Kitchen Lead
The Social Affair Catering and Event Design is looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to help manage the kitchen of our rapidly growing business. We’re a boutique catering company that focuses on delicious from scratch food that is artfully presented, as well as individualized menu planning and working with local growers and purveyors.
This is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about seasonal and local foods, and that wants to exercise their creativity through artful presentation and trying out new and on-trend techniques. A can-do attitude and positive demeanor are essential along with the ability to effectively manage and inspire others.
This is a full-time hourly position, with pay based on experience. Hours will vary based on scheduled events, and position pays overtime and some gratuity. Candidate must be a self-starter and problem solver that likes to get things done the right way. We offer a pleasant and positive working environment and enjoy and take pride in our work.
- 5 years professional cooking experience, with catering and/or management experience preferred.
- Must be able to follow and scale recipes up and down, and execute a broad range of cooking styles and techniques in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, train, and manage kitchen staff.
- Must be an organized and detail-oriented problem solver, able to work well both in groups or alone.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Must set and follow cleaning schedule and ensure proper sanitary guidelines are followed.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor both in the kitchen and at events, and offer impeccable customer service.
- ServSafe certified and valid Driver’s License, clean driving record.
- Able to lift 50 lbs, and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, plus overtime.
- Able to pass background check.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepping, cooking, and packaging foods for all events.
- Managing the back of house during catered events, including plating and presentation of food and refilling and replenishing stations.
- Transportation, set-up, and break-down of off-site catered events.
- Help maintain inventory.
- Clean and maintain kitchen and equipment.
- Oversee and guide prep cooks.
- Work with management team to help develop menus and test new recipes